Post-Thanksgiving Dinner Clean Up: Cleaning Oven Prevents Oven Fires
Oven fires have several causes:
- Forgetting the oven is on and burning food.
- Cooking an item with a lot of fat and grease that splatters and causes a flame.
- Overflow and dripping of batter while baking.
- Old food left in the oven from prior meals can catch on fire.
Although cleaning your oven may seem hard and require harsh chemicals it doesn’t always. Here is a great way to clean your Post-Thanksgiving dinner oven naturally.
Cleaning Your Oven Naturally
Materials and Ingredients
1 Scrubbing Pad
1 Cloth or Dish Rag
1 Spray Bottle of Distilled White Vinegar and Water - 50/50 mixture
Oven Cleaner Paste Ingredients
2 Tablespoons of Castile Soap
15 Drops of an Essential Oil (Wild Orange, Lemon, Melaleuca, or Rosemary)
2 Tablespoons of Water
- To start, spray the entire inside of the oven and the oven door down with distilled white vinegar to moisten the area and get it ready for scrubbing.
- Add some of the Oven Cleaner Paste to a scrub sponge.
- Scrub the inside of the entire oven and door with the oven cleaner paste.
- The paste will work with the scrub sponge to remove any burned-on foods or spills. If you have tough to remove spots, spray some more vinegar and add more paste. Let that sit on the spot for 10 minutes, then come back and scrub the spot away.
- Use a cloth or dish rag to remove all of the dirty paste, then wipe the inside of your oven down with warm water.
Now your oven is ready for your next meal. Enjoy your freshly clean oven and feel easy that your home is safe from any future oven fires.
SERVPRO of Egg Harbor/Ventnor City is here 24/7 if you ever have fire damage. Save our number now and call us when in need at (609) 383-9785.
CE Classes Completed in Northfield,NJ
One of our selling points when visiting Insurance and Real Estate Companies,is to offer our vast array of Continuing Education Classes. We at SERVPRO of Egg Harbor/Ventnor City,conduct these classes at the clients office or ours,and provide bagels & coffee,or a lunch tray as part of our appreciation. We recently completed a class at a major insurance agency that had eighteen people in attendance,and after the three hour course,they will now be receiving their credits and certifications as part of them retaining their licensing. We had this particular class at their office,with a couple of breaks in between,brought our handouts for distribution after the class was over, and fielded many pertinent questions. it went so well that we have already scheduled a class for the 1st quarter of 2018.
Please call us to schedule your CE Class.
SERVPRO of Egg Harbor/Ventnor City IICRC Training Team
Three Members of SERVPRO of Egg Harbor/Ventnor enjoying their IICRC Water Restoration Class.
SERVPRO of Egg Harbor/Ventnor City prides itself in continuing to have our team of experts complete all phases of training that are required when going out on any type of job request. We sent three members of our team,each representing a different job title,to study and complete certification for Water Damage Restoration.Represented was a Crew Chief,a Technician,and a Marketing Sales Rep.We feel that the more knowledge that our employees have,the more value they add to our customers and overall staff.The course was a three day event,and really helped put the theories in great perspective of how to deal with any type of water loss--from the initial customer service contact all the way to completing the job "Like it never even happened."