Steps to Preparing Your Home for Winter 2018
Old Man Winter can negatively impact your home with the freezing temperatures. Take these steps to minimize damages and improve your homes efficiency.
- Flush your water heater then insulate the tank
- Add insulation around the basement and attic windows and doors, floors, and ceilings.
- Check Windows and Doors for leaks and drafts.
- Outside shut off exterior faucets, drain connecting hoses, and blow out all sprinkler lines.
- Caulk gaps in siding, windows, and doors to add extra protection from cold air.
- Replace air filters and clean air ducts.
- Clean your gutters to make sure water flows freely away from your home.
- Secure your chimney if you don't plan to use your fireplace.
Regular maintenance is the key to keeping your home in shape for every season.
At SERVPRO of Egg Harbor/Ventnor City we can help you in your time of need.
Call us at today (609) 383-9785