“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Mold grows naturally everywhere and it is impossible to completely remove mold from a property. There are companies that claim they specialize in removing mold, as if this were even possible. It's not.
Our SERVPRO team specializes in Mold Remediation, which is the proper term.
We are not able to guarantee that mold is "removed" from any property, this just isn't possible. But mold can be addressed, remediated and put back into it's right order.
SERVPRO of Egg Harbor/Ventnor City can guarantee that our remediation process will clean your property and personal items from the visible signs of mold that may be harmful. The key is to prevent mold growth by keeping environments dry and free of moisture.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (609) 383-9785
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (609) 383-9785
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Egg Harbor / Ventnor City is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2180 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: