Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
You may hear other mold remediation companies claim they can remove 100% of the mold from your property - that is false.
Mold is found everywhere and there are many different kinds of molds. There are good and bad molds, molds you eat, such as cheese, and molds that are dangerous, which may be growing in your property. When mold is left unattended it leaves opportunity for greater growth and more serious problems.
Over this last year our area experienced large amounts of rain fall. Property owners began seeing mold growth in areas they were not expecting. Mold is not something to play around with because of its potential to impact a person's health.
Below we put together tips about what to do when you find mold and how to respond before help arrives.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (609) 383-9785
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Egg Harbor / Ventnor City for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Egg Harbor / Ventnor City has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Egg Harbor Twp
- Somers Point